What personal information do we collect?
Personal information collected by us may include:
• Your name and address
• Home or mobile phone numbers
• Email address
• Date of birth
• Communication preferences
• Transactional details associated with the purchase of Lottery tickets or donations (no credit card details are stored on our servers)
How is this information used?
Information collected from our supporters is used to:
• Process and record ticket orders and donations
• Accurately identify supporters who contact us in order to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
• Communicate relevant Deaf Lottery offers and events via phone, mail, social media and email
• Contact you to update details required for processing ticket orders or to advise of a prize win
Disclosure of information
We will only disclose personal information to reputable companies and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. We may disclose your email address details to our email service provider who has branches located in the USA. The Deaf Lottery Australia will not disclose your personal information unless it is necessary to:
• Ensure the proper functioning of the Lottery operation such as the provision of Lottery tickets (processing & sending your tickets)
• Be used confidentially by an agency engaged in marketing, planning, product development and research services
• Disclose personal supporter information if required by law
When purchasing tickets from The Deaf Lottery Australia your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
SSL encryption is the industry standard, and is the same encryption technology that is used by banks. The Deaf Lottery Australia does not keep your credit card details on our servers. This information is passed directly through to our banking institution when your ticket order is processed. The Deaf Lottery Australia is a Level 1 Merchant PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliant company and we are audited regularly to ensure that we abide by strict data security standards so that we can continue to maintain this security level within the industry. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 773 678 or simply contact us using your preferred method.
The Deaf Lottery Australia assumes no responsibility for information practices of third party sites where the user can link through to our webpages. Please review the privacy policies listed on these sites before disclosing personal information. Please be aware that any information provided on social media platforms such as Facebook can be seen by the general public and The Deaf Lottery Australia does not take responsibility for information disclosed in this manner.
"Cookies" are used to allow you to maintain a shopping cart and to purchase items in your shopping cart. Cookies sent to your computer from The Deaf Lottery Australia only last while you're browsing our website. We do not store persistent cookies on your computer.
How to Contact Us
The Deaf Lottery Australia undertakes promotional offers and special events that may be communicated to supporters through our direct mailings, phone campaigns, emails and social media. Supporters can contact us to opt out of these communications through any of the below options.
• Freecall: 1800 773 678 (Australia only)
• Email: To unsubscribe from receiving our email campaigns simply click on the supplied link at the bottom of the email you received from us or alternatively send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line.