What personal information do we collect?
Personal information collected by us may include:
- Your Deaf Lottery Supporter number
- Your name and mailing address
- Home or mobile phone numbers
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Communication preferences
- IP Address
- Transactional details associated with the purchase of Lottery tickets or donations (no credit card details are stored on our servers)
- Website usage
- Various types of data and unique device identifiers for advertising (Google, for example)
How is this information used?
Information collected from our supporters is used to:
- Process and record ticket orders and donations
- Accurately identify supporters who contact us in order to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- Communicate relevant The Deaf Lottery fundraising offers and events via phone, mail, social media and email
- Contact you to update details required for processing ticket orders or to advise of a Prize win
- Respond to feedback or queries from you
- We and our service providers use personal information that we collect, such as your location and your activities, to monitor and analyse website usage and to improve and enhance your digital experience.
By providing your personal information, you expressly consent to us using this information to provide you with details about our lotteries, services or events which we consider to be of interest to you. You may at any time opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our Lottery and donation activities)
Disclosure of information
We will only disclose personal information to reputable companies and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf as part of our ordinary course of business. By providing us with your personal information, you expressly consent to the disclosure, transfer, storage or processing of your personal information outside of Australia. In providing this consent, you understand and acknowledge that countries outside Australia may not have the same privacy protection obligations as Australia in relation to personal information. The Deaf Lottery Australia will not disclose your personal information unless it is necessary to:
- Ensure the proper functioning of the Lottery operation such as the provision of lottery tickets (processing & sending your tickets)
- Be used confidentially by an agency engaged in marketing, planning, product development and research services
- Disclose personal supporter information if required by law
When purchasing tickets from The Deaf Lottery Australia your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
SSL encryption is the industry standard, and is the same encryption technology that is used by banks. The Deaf Lottery Australia does not keep your credit card details on our servers. This information is passed directly through to our banking institution when your ticket order is processed. The Deaf Lottery Australia is a Level 1 Merchant PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliant company and we are audited regularly to ensure that we abide by strict data security standards so that we can continue to maintain this security level within the industry. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 773 678 or simply contact us using your preferred method.
The Deaf Lottery Australia assumes no responsibility for information practices of third party sites where the user can link through to our webpages. Please review the privacy policies listed on these sites before disclosing personal information. Please be aware that any information provided on social media platforms such as Facebook can be seen by the general public and The Deaf Lottery Australia does not take responsibility for information disclosed in this manner.
What are 'cookies'?
Our website uses ‘cookies’ which are alphanumeric identifiers placed on your computer's hard drive through your website browser.
How do we use ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are used to help us understand your preferences based on website activity which enables us to provide you with a better website experience by allowing us to:
- Tailor your shopping cart
- Remember your website navigation preferences and previous ticket purchases
- Track your website page visits
- Remember your preferred The Deaf Lottery Prize preference
- Determine your preferred browser type and mobile device
- Determine your location to provide you with events relevant to your state
Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive 'cookies', you can adjust your internet browser to disable or to warn you when 'cookies' are used. As each browser is a little different, we suggest you look at your browser's ‘help menu’ to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. However, please note that by disabling 'cookies', you will not be able to participate in some of the features offered by our website such as purchasing lottery tickets.
Data Usage Consent
We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and securing your personal information. All personal information that is collected and stored by The Deaf Lottery Australia is done so in accordance with Privacy legislation and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
As soon as we become aware of a possible data breach, we will undertake an assessment within 30 days after it has occurred. Where it is determined that a breach has actually occurred, we will notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected Supporters as soon as practicable after becoming aware that a data breach has occurred.
European Union Supporters
Members of the EU ordering tickets or registering to receive email via The Deaf Lottery Australia’s online ordering and email sign-up processes acknowledge that:
The Deaf Lottery Australia is not established in the EU but offers our goods and services to you from a location outside of the EU, in which the EU commission does not currently define as having an adequate level of data protection.
You explicitly consent to The Deaf Lottery Australia collecting, storing and processing your personal information and acknowledge that such activities are lawful and fair on the basis that you have requested and authorised the provision of these services, and acknowledge that The Deaf Lottery Australia has made every effort to be transparent in our collection and processing of your personal information;
Your explicit consent and authority as listed above is limited to the legitimate purpose of executing your request for purchases from The Deaf Lottery Australia’s website platform, and its related marketing activities
Your personal information collected, stored and processed by The Deaf Lottery Australia is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed. The Deaf Lottery Australia is committed to limiting the storage of your personal information for only the period necessary to continue to provide you with our services, or until you withdraw your consent to the storage of your personal information;
You explicitly consent to The Deaf Lottery Australia providing your personal information to third party suppliers as required for the provision of our services.
Feedback and Complaints
How to Contact Us
The Deaf Lottery Australia undertakes promotional offers and special events that may be communicated to supporters through our direct mailings, phone campaigns, emails and social media. Supporters can contact us to opt out of these communications through any of the below options.
- Freecall: 1800 773 678 (Australia only)
- Email: To unsubscribe from receiving our email campaigns simply click on the supplied link at the bottom of the email you received from us or alternatively send an e-mail to email@example.com with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line
- Mail: Reply Paid 3025, Stafford DC, QLD 4053